Videos, Podcasts, and Articles
• “Person and Identity” website, https://personandidentity.com/, a project of the Catholic Women’s Forum
• Many short (4-6 min.) videos for parents, Catholic schools, and parishes
• A clearinghouse for articles and resources
• The first place to visit! • National Catholic Bioethics Center, https://www.ncbcenter.org/bioe... under “Gender Identity and Being Transgender”
• Church documents and articles from a bioethical perspective • American College of Pediatricians, https://acpeds.org/
• Not the American Pediatric Association!
• Resources on medical and therapeutic interventions, including a list of therapists
• Erin Brewer and Maria Keffler, “Commonsense Care” videos (YouTube and https://www.partnersforethicalcare.com/commonsense-care)
• Focused on helping parents and those who counsel them • “Gender: A Wider Lens” podcast, https://gender-a-wider-lens.ca...
• Stella O’Malley and Sasha Ayad are secular therapists who go into the deeper psychological issues with gender dysphoria (e.g., the links to autism, etc.).
• Academic and popular articles on the body and sexuality by Angela Franks at https://www.angelafranks.com/w...
• Especially “What is a Woman?” and “What is a Human?” https://www.catholicworldrepor...
• Ryan Anderson, When Harry Became Sally: Responding to the Transgender Moment, www.EncounterBooks.com
• History, philosophical and medical arguments, the experience of detransitioners • Abigail Schrier, Irreversible Damage, www.amazon.com and others
• Focuses on rapid-onset gender dysphoria in girls
• Maria Keffler, Desist, Detrans, & Detox: Getting Your Child Out of the Gender Cult, www.barnesandnoble.com
• Practical help for parents and those counseling them