What is IPF?
The Institute for Priestly Formation, or IPF, is an annual 9-week summer program run on Creighton University’s Omaha, NE campus to enhance the spiritual formation of diocesan seminarians from the U.S. and Canada. Saint John’s Seminary has been sending a group of men each year for over a decade.
When you donate to our IPF fund, you become a direct participant in the formation of your future priests.
The IPF program is an opportunity for our seminarians to grow and enrich their prayer lives and path to the priesthood through weekly one-on-one spiritual direction, an eight-day silent retreat, and the collaborative creation of a document meant to guide and illuminate each man’s journey in relation to his diocesan and seminary life. Learn more here.
How Can You Help?
The total cost per attendee, including the meal plan, is $9,926, broken down as follows:
- $3,915.00: tuition
- $2,348.00: lodging and linens
- $1,300.00: administrative fee
- $1,160.00: 19 meals per week in the dining hall
- $450.00: 8 week Spiritual Direction fee
- $375.00: retreat fee
- $210.00: educational materials and textbooks
- $168.00: registration/technology fee
- Additional is round-trip travel, currently estimated around $300-$400 apiece whether they fly or drive (Fun fact: our seminarians love a road trip!).
Your gift of any amount to our “IPF Fund” (which, in addition to monetary donations, could include frequent flyer miles, gas cards, or other gift cards) will be applied directly towards the above costs for Paul, Peter, and Jeremy. In supporting the IPF fund, you are truly making a direct impact on the spiritual lives and formation of these men.
Checks may also be made out to Saint John’s Seminary with “IPF Fund” in the memo and mailed to:
Saint John’s Seminary
c/o IPF Fund
127 Lake St
Brighton, MA 02135