With the sale of the seminary property to Boston College in 2007, the Saint John’s Seminary Library Collection has been incorporated into the Theology and Ministry Library of Boston College. The collection remains under the oversight of the Director of the Saint John’s Seminary Library Collection, appointed by the Rector of the Seminary.
The Saint John’s Seminary Library Collection contains more than 172,000 volumes, primarily in theology, philosophy, history, and related fields of studies. Among the library’s special holdings is the Creagh Collection of works on Canon Law presented to the Seminary by Monsignor John T. Creagh of the Class of 1895.
Beginning in 2010, Saint John’s established a Research Collection at The Theological Institute. The collection includes materials from the seminary founders in various languages as well as 40–50 years of research materials in the area of canon law, including historical treatises, theses, and monographs. Approximately 12,000 are antiquarian in nature.
Saint John’s Seminary students and faculty have unlimited access to the collections and services at Boston College’s Theology and Ministry Library of approximately 300,000 volumes of printed books, 550 journal subscriptions, and 770 databases. As constituent users of the Boston College Library system, Saint John’s Seminary students and faculty also enjoy library privileges to the entire Boston College University Libraries system, which includes nearly three million items in addition to those in the Theology and Ministry Library.